The Gallery is where NPS members can show their work to the rest of the world! It is also a great place to learn more about the art of photography by viewing others members images and exchanging comments.
Uploading images to your Gallery could not be easier provided you follow the instructions set out below.
- Open a Gallery account
- Resize images correctly
- Name files correctly
- Uploading images to the Gallery
Open a Gallery Account:
Don’t have a Gallery Account?: no problem, use the following email link to contact the Webmaster who will be happy to set up your Gallery account:
You will receive an email containing your username and password to enable you to access your Gallery account. Don’t forget to keep your login details in a safe place because you will not be able access your Gallery account without them.
Please note, if you also use the NPS Forum, your log-in details may be different so be sure to use the correct log-in details when using the Gallery.
Resize Images Correctly
Yes, size really does matter!!
Images must be uploaded in jpeg format and sized correctly. The maximun width of images is set to 750px and this is the size you should use when cropping images in landscape. Larger or smaller images will not display correctly in the Gallery.
If you experience any difficulty uploading an image the first thing you should do is check the file size.. Max 390kb
For images in portrait format you should set the maximum height to 600px and width to 750px when cropping your image. This is to ensure that the image is displayed correctly on Gallery without the need to scroll the browser window.
Lastly, the size of the image file must be no greater than 390kb, the Gallery will reject larger files. If you experience any difficulty uploading an image the first thing you should do is check the file size, this is the commonest reason for the process of uploading images to fail. The size of the file can be altered by changing the quality settings when saving a jpeg file.
Name Files Correctly
Avoid using long and complex file names for images uploaded to the Gallery, avoid spaces between words use an undescore instead. e.g. Tower_Bridge
Uploading Images to the Gallery
Once your image(s) have been resized correctly upload to the Gallery as follows:
- Navigate to the Gallery Home Page using the ‘Gallery’ link at the top of the Neath Photographic Society Home Page.
- Hover the mouse pointer again over the ‘Gallery Home Page’ icon on the menu bar to display the Gallery links and then select ‘login’
- Login to the Gallery using the username and password sent to you by email
- Hover the mouse pointer again over the ’Gallery Home Page’ icon on the menu bar to display the Gallery links and then select ‘uploade file’
- Select the ‘Album’ where you would like to upload your images to – e.g. ‘Main Gallery’
- Select ‘Browse’ to navigate to the folder on your local hard drive to select the image for upload
- Once the upload has completed, select ‘Continue’ and enter a ‘Title’ and if you like a brief ‘Description’ when prompted
- The upload process is now complete and you may view your image in the Gallery