The Neath & District Photographic Society UK Salon 2022 is open.
The Salon is supported by the PAGB and the BPE and is open to photographers with addresses in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, and BFPO addresses.
There are four entry classes and up to four images may be entered into each class:
- Open Colour
- Open Monochrome
As I’m sure you’re aware the news regarding the spread of the Omicron variant has not been good and the Welsh Assembly Government has issued new regulations, The committee has therefore decided not to proceed with re-opening the Club House at this stage and to continue on with zoom meetings.
A revised programme is available for download here
We have provisionally decided on St. David’s Day 1st March 2022 to meet again with our friends. This will be confirmed at our February 22nd committee meeting in light of guidance issued by Welsh Assembly Government.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Our 2021 Salon has now been judged and all the results published.
Neath CC was well represented by entrants but unfortunately only 3 people gained acceptances. These were –
Tim Kavanagh – with 3 Acceptances and 3 Medals
David Edwards – with 3 Acceptances
Colin Kelly – with 1 acceptance and Medal
Commiserations to all other members of NDPS who entered but didn’t gain any acceptances, keep trying and i’m sure your time will come.
The Salon this year was our most successful to date with over 500 entrants submitting over 5000 images.
Because of the Covid restrictions we had to do the selections remotely and a big thanks goes out to Steve Bright of Brightimaging who leases us the software and once again hosted the Salon on our behalf.
Thanks also go to our 3 selectors – Eddy Lane ARPS DPAGB EFIAP APAGB, Leigh Woolford Hon.FWPF DPAGB EFIAP AWPF BPE3* and Ross McKelvey MFIAP MPAGB FBPE FIPF EFIAP/p who gave up their weekend to view and judge the images, a job well done.
Thanks to the PAGB and the BPE for their patronage.
I also want to say thanks to Denice Evans, Linda Cowen and David Edwards for their invaluable assistance. This Salon would not run without you.
To view the results gallery click here
The 2022 Salon will be open for entries on the 1st February 2022, hopefully we will see you then.
September to October 2020
To be reviewed month by month until Pandemic is over
The Official Programme published still stands as our intention and as soon as we are allowed, we will return to those weekly events.
The Programme for September/October is proposed as: –
- 8th September – Virtual Talk with Roy Carr – “A Year in Their Lives”
- 15th September – Special Interest Group Held at the Club (SIG)
- 22nd September – DPI Virtual Competition29th September – SIG 2
- 6th October – Virtual Talk Speaker TBC
- 13th October – SIG 3
- 20th October – DPI Open Virtual Competition
- 27th October – SIG 4
To clarify: –
- Virtual evenings will be run remotely using a Zoom facility, each member will be Emailed a link and details of how to log in, this should be done about 10 minutes prior to the start so that you can be allowed to enter and meet the others virtually.
- Special Interest Groups – SIGs will be evenings where hopefully one of our members will provide a lecture on his/her speciality to allow the attendees to better understand the techniques/equipment used.
These can only accommodate 15 members so some form of draw will take place of those that express an interest to select the attendees.
- DPI Virtual Competitions these will be limited to 4 DPIs per member, 2 Colour and 2 Mono as a result of these changes due to COVID the normal Cup competitions will be suspended for this season and all competitions run virtually will have an Open Theme