As I’m sure you’re aware the news regarding the spread of the Omicron variant has not been good and the Welsh Assembly Government has issued new regulations, The committee has therefore decided not to proceed with re-opening the Club House at this stage and to continue on with zoom meetings.
A revised programme is available for download here
We have provisionally decided on St. David’s Day 1st March 2022 to meet again with our friends. This will be confirmed at our February 22nd committee meeting in light of guidance issued by Welsh Assembly Government.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
September to October 2020
To be reviewed month by month until Pandemic is over
The Official Programme published still stands as our intention and as soon as we are allowed, we will return to those weekly events.
The Programme for September/October is proposed as: –
- 8th September – Virtual Talk with Roy Carr – “A Year in Their Lives”
- 15th September – Special Interest Group Held at the Club (SIG)
- 22nd September – DPI Virtual Competition29th September – SIG 2
- 6th October – Virtual Talk Speaker TBC
- 13th October – SIG 3
- 20th October – DPI Open Virtual Competition
- 27th October – SIG 4
To clarify: –
- Virtual evenings will be run remotely using a Zoom facility, each member will be Emailed a link and details of how to log in, this should be done about 10 minutes prior to the start so that you can be allowed to enter and meet the others virtually.
- Special Interest Groups – SIGs will be evenings where hopefully one of our members will provide a lecture on his/her speciality to allow the attendees to better understand the techniques/equipment used.
These can only accommodate 15 members so some form of draw will take place of those that express an interest to select the attendees.
- DPI Virtual Competitions these will be limited to 4 DPIs per member, 2 Colour and 2 Mono as a result of these changes due to COVID the normal Cup competitions will be suspended for this season and all competitions run virtually will have an Open Theme
After months of delays the Salon has finally been Judged and Results are out. A big thanks to our Selectors Garry Shinner LRPS,EFIAP/b, AWPF EPSA., Ray Brammall, ARPS, EFIAP/s, DPAGB, APAGB BPE3*, and Richard Spurdens, EFIAP/p, DPAGB, BPE5* for giving their time also a big thanks to Steve Bright, of BrightImaging, who’s software we use and this year Steve hosted the Salon for us remotely.
Thanks also go out to Denice Evans and Linda Cowen without who’s help the Salon wouldn’t go ahead.
Congratulations go to –
Owen Blackmore, Arfon John, Dave Edwards, Tim Kavanah, James Hansen-MacGillivray and Steve Rees for gaining Acceptances.
Commiserations to the other members of NDPS who supported the Salon and didn’t get any acceptances. Keep trying.
Full Results can be viewed here
Well done all.
Results of the NPDS UK Salon are available for viewing.
NPDS UK Salon 2019 results
Neath and District Photographic Society would like to thank everybody who submitted images helping to make the Salon a success.